Web Site Policy
- The Name of the Mathison Park web site is mathisonparkchurchill.com.au
- The Mathison Park web site will have at least one administrator
- The web site will be aligned to our facebook page
- The aims and objectives of having a web site are
Aims and Objectives
- To use our web site as a way of promoting Mathison Park, Lake Hyland, our Facebook page, as well as other activities occurring in the park.
- To be relevant in a society which is focussed on social media.
- To make our park, Facebook page etc more accessible.
- To receive feedback/information on activities which we can advertise or on which we can receive reports.
- To use the web site to advertise our working bees/special efforts for plantings etc.
- To have a means to be able to advertise events happening in the park.
- To grow our community’s understanding of the park, its development and long term plans.
- To allow our community to keep up to date with activities and additions through a medium preferred by many.
- To provide a place where we build our community engagement by building community spirit, by accentuating the positives, and bringing to everyone’s attention the little things that make our park great and to receive feedback and ideas for development.
- The web site will be monitored weekly, by admin
- Settings. Only the administrator under direction from the Mathison Park Development Committee will be able to upload information, power points, videos and photos etc. Galleries can be posted from production.
- Privacy of new uploads. Only approved material which has the permission of the person or their parent/guardian will be uploaded.
- Links. We can have links to other parks and reserves in Latrobe City Council area, Churchill and District News and L.V. Express etc.
- Administrator’s Responsibilities. To 1) maintain the web site, 2)monitor insights a way of showing frequency of use, visits and clicking on links], 3)analyst, 4)advertiser, 5)moderator [content creator and manager] Posting of events. Events/activities/new facilities to be posted are to be decided at a meeting or by email consent. Administrator will upload. Event/activities/new equipment postings must have a name, and contact details supplied with the event to be posted. Events can have a pre-registration facility e.g. Junior Fishing Day can have a link to our web site. Can have a map of the venue location, time and place etc. Content Authors and Subsite Managers have a responsibility to ensure that their information is accurate and timely, or to remove it if it become out of date.
- Unacceptable Content
Content or link to content unrelated to the official activities of the committee;
Content or link to outdated, inaccurate, misleading, offensive, obscene, defamatory or threatening content;
Content or link to content which implicitly or explicitly contravenes State and Commonwealth legislation, including anti-discrimination legislation;
Content or link to content of commercial or non-relevant activities performed by committee members or their families or their commercial or business associates;
Content containing recognisable images of people unless a Photo Release form including specific release for web use has been completed and signed by those in the images (still or video). Photo release forms can be obtained from the website admin (contact us).
Content owned by external organisations;
Content containing copyrighted material unless written permission from the copyright holder is held.
Sponsorship and Advertising
Acknowledgement of sponsors is permitted where the sponsorship is directly related to the other content on the page on which it appears, for example, the inclusion of links to the websites of organisations sponsoring conferences or projects is permitted.
Web pages may contain an acknowledgement of sponsors supported projects, provided that the appearance of the acknowledgement is in keeping with the web page design guidelines. Other forms of advertising are not permitted.
Notwithstanding the above, mentioning of a sponsors’ name is not permitted on the main entry-points to the site (e.g. the home page).
- Sponsor’s name or company logo should not exceed the dimensions of the Mathison Park logo.
- Advertising for the purposes of commercial gain (e.g. revenue-raising) is not permitted
- All web pages containing potentially promotional reference to external organisations or individuals should be referred to the Director, Marketing and Communication for approval
- Question. A question can be posted to poll people for their opinions, further information, feedback on new equipment, polling for opinions/what people see as needs for the park.
- Negative Comments. These can be deleted after they are visible as well as before.
- ???? will liaise with ????? re web site/facebook postings.
- Events/activities/etc to be uploaded are to be decided at a meeting or by email consent. Administrator will upload. Event postings must have a name, and contact details supplied with the event to be posted. Events can have a pre-registration facility e.g. Junior Fishing Day. Can have a link to our web site. Can have a map of the venue location, time and place etc. Events which can be posted include, not-for-profit groups/organisations, but details to be emailed to ????????? for approval to be posted both on web site and facebook page